Sunday, May 20, 2007

You take a trip to the city lights, and take the long way home

I had the longest, most hilarious trip back from Cambridge last night.
I missed the train from Cambridge, ended up at the wrong station, waited 25 minutes for the last Circle Line train, only to have it stop at Edgware Road, 3 stops shy of home.

THEN I got on a night bus the wrong way because I was chatting to an Australian girl I met and was distracted. Ended up at Mornington Crescent Station, where Ally (Australian Girl) and I met Jacko, the thong wearing, AFL playing, phys ed teacher from Victoria who very kindly asked us if we would like to go back to his house for a drink.

It was 2am. We politely declined.

Waited 35 minutes for teh next bus, only to have it be the same bus we got off but just heading back to where we came from.

Found a man on the bus who complimented us on our Australian accents and claimed to be a market trader. He had a Tweety Bird tattoo.

In other news - Mark's birthday party in Cambridge was great. A BBQ in a backyard in England? Who would have thought. Great night, I even met some actual English people! Cambridge was pretty and full of posh kids who looked stereotypically Oxbridge. It's a pretty town, lots of lawn and I briefly watched a game of cricket. And some punting, which seems to provide weekend employment for all Cambridge students who are willing to wear boat shoes and rugby jumpers.

That is all.

No comments: