Tuesday, May 8, 2007

But I was never contractually obliged to sleep with foreign businessmen, alright? And that is not nothing, that is something.

I have a room in a house. And no, I am not obliged to sleep with foreign businessmen which was basically the only pre-requisite I ended up having in the London housing market.

My room is small, but it is mine. It looks like this:

If you tilt your head you will notice the big window in my room and if you put your head really close to the screen you will see the charming white doona with flowers embroidered in it.

This is the lounge room:



And this is the kitchen:

The house is on quiet street, but is 100 meters from Kensington High Street. It's kind've like living in Highgate but bigger. 5 minute walk from 2 cinemas (one arthouse, one mainstream), grocery stores, tube station, vintage clothes stores and Portobello Rd Markets and 10 minutes walk to Hyde Park. Great location.

Living with a girl called Rebecca who is just lovely and is a New York native. She has the Black Books boxset, Bill Bailey on DVD and a copy of Withnail & I. As well as The Merchant of Venice (Al Pacino verion). So, a woman of excellent taste.

Not much else to report. Except that this morning I went to Primark and stood in a queue for a change room for 30 minutes. for 28 pounds I bought 6 pairs of socks, two pairs of tights, a jumper, a dress top, a work top and a skirt. Loving Primark. It is the only way I am going to be able to afford to clothe myself in London.

Also - if anyone can tell me how to rotate these photos - please comment and let me know. It's as annoying to me as it is for everybody else, I assure you! Also Rom - please note that I am blogging on a Tuesday for your distraction.

xxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi katie P,

How are you. (It's sarah...sorry to be anonymous, I can't remember any passwords.) Your house looks teeney, but very cool, nice sofa! I'm at work, hence, lots of time to check these things! Going to Flikr now! Have fun and good luck!

Love you

Anonymous said...

Those curtains look great too. How on Earth did they get up there?

Book Club Revisited, Revisited said...

Hi Wayne. I would like to announce to the world that Wayne very nicely put my curtains up for me. I represented it as needing to use his math brain and he was quite disappointed that I didn't have some trig equation waiting at the door for him. It was more an abuse of his height.
Thanks Wayne!

Steffy said...

Katie!!!!

You are being sorely missed - Suza is having a house party on Sat night and I have no one fun/alcoholic to go with!! Its a dress up party and the theme is nineties - I am struggling to come up with something fun - so far the only suggestion I have been given is that blonde politician (I am not going to embarrass myself by spelling her name wrong) however I would prefer something that didn't require me to hack my hair off...

Your place looks awesome - like a lovable shoebox - reminds me of my place in Canada except that you seem to have a decent couch!!

Well unfortunately I should probably do some honours work as I am meeting Sinden in an hour eep... I am at work tomorrow so if you happen to be near an internet cafe I will happily abuse my workplace to send you a few emails :)

Take care
Steffy xx

janomac said...

.... and his interior decorating skills. (he choose the flowers didn't he...?)

Jon Longhurst said...

One ticket to cinema near Kate's (arthouse). 13 pounds.

Apartment in Notting Hill for one fortnight. 500 pounds*

Travelling halfway around the world, and still watching Withnail & I and Black Books? Priceless.

* estimation, not in anyway related to the niceness of locale, floweryness of doonas, nor the outrageous London housing market.