Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Back on the Chain Gang

Hello Dear Readers

I would like to announce that I am now gainfully employed. Yes. Me. The person who for the last couple of months has done nothing but look at churches, galleries etc. has a job. Actually, I was offered a couple of jobs and, not being a person who really likes decisions, this almost caused me to stop breathing. Anyway - the end result. I will be working for (drum roll please)...

Bank of America.
As a paralegal.
In their liquid products division.
Fo anyone who was there during my commerce degree, this will come as a surprise.

It paid too much for me to not take it, even though the Partner at Clifford Chance knew HEAPS about Asterix, Bob Dylan and Eminem. He was so interesting. I think I am going to like being a lawyer. But I couldn't assume that everyday would be discussing illusions to 'The Odyssey' in Asterix. Ah well.

I shall excerpt the most embarassing part of the interview now:

Him: How do you feel about country sports?
Me: You mean like hockey? I lived in the country and played sports. Is that what you mean?
Him: I meant things like pheasent shooting.
Me: And fox hunting?
Him: Yes.
Me: (realising this was not a good time to bring up 7 years of vegetarianism, an aversion to blood sports and not realy being that sporty in general) I grew up in the country. I'm used to it.

Playing the country card. Classic.

Different worlds. Country sports? Man, pheasent shooting was so beyond what would ever enter my mind.

Anyway, hopefully I will start on Monday. And the pounds will roll in and I can Live the London Life. Yay!

Except for I just figured out how much tax I will be paying. So less of the London Life than expected.

3 comments:

Steffy said...

I would like to once again take the opportunity to repeat my congratulations on your choice of employment....

Remember you can be happy without money, but money makes your happiness worth remembering -

Truly insightful...

steph said...

P&P Kate, you simply should have replied "only when there is a handsome man in a wet, white shirt involved".

Please go crazy and have an orange juice for me!

maclovenotwar said...

shoot pheasants kate,
not heroin