Sunday, May 6, 2007

A coward you are, Withnail. An expert on bulls you are not.

Trying to think what I had done when I last posted. I suppose now would be as good a time as any to summarise the rest of my trip to Barcelona. Wet. Except the one beautiful day that allowed me to go to a flea market, Park Guell and go for a trip on a boat.

Boat ride was lovely. Had a jazz saxophonist playing and glasses of Sangria for only 1 Euro. Not so bad.

Park Guell was unexpected - not much green grass for a park, but architecturally it was amazing. In my next life I want gaudi to design my house.

Flea market was annoying. Way too much crap to be enthusiastic about sorting through.

Anyway, my last day in Barcelona was a public holiday so nothing was open and it was raining so I ended up going to watch 2 American movies with the Canadian girls. Then that nightwe went out and I got very drunk along the port and struggled to get out of bed the next day to check out and get on the plane. I say again - those free shots are killer.

Back in the UK and started doing more job interviews. One of them asked me if I knew how to use a Macintosh and I have started to miss my laptop in a really nerdy way.

Last night I went to a party at my new flat (where I was meant to move in today but this has been postponed until tomorrow). It was a really lovely night and I met some really cool people. All of whom seem far more educated than I am.

Today I have cleaned Ben and Wayne's flat (they are both away) and packed all my stuff. Hopefully I will be out of here by early tomorrow morning.

Oh - and this photo is for Rom. It's from the market in Barcelona:

Almost forgot - yesterday I went to Windsor Castle and did the touristy thing in England, which I haven't done that much of so far. It was cold and grey and miserable and the castle was full of glorious art, armour and history. I had a really lovely day out there with Katie and Anthony and it included a traditional English pub lunch, including, for me, a glass of Pimms.

Gotta love those castles. Pronounced cassles for all of those born and raised in England.

xxx

4 comments:

janomac said...

What is withnail?

I am considering never reading this page again now that you have let your true feelings on flea markets be known. They are treasure troves of magic.... and stuff that looks antiquey that was made in china.... but still, gold!

Book Club Revisited, Revisited said...

Withnail is a character in a movie.
And I lvoe flea markets! It's just that this one was way too big to be enthusiastic about and there was WAY too high a crap to goodness ratio. And expensive crap because it was in Euro.
Please don't hate me!

janomac said...

hm mmmmm... fair enough, but you better describe some good pocketwatches next time you go to a flea market ok?

missing you back here. how's the new place? Hope you didn'yt leavfe the boys place too clean, might confuse them into thinking they'd walked into the wrong place when they return. Oh, and macca and liz are headed your way, and their going to oxford, so now you have to go and visit my big bro up there ok? He is cool I promise. And I'll make hbim tell me about it so I feel like I was there... is that a bit weird....?

Book Club Revisited, Revisited said...

I don't think that's weird at all - and I would love to visit your brother if he is willing to tour me around the placeat some point. Oxford and Stratford Upon Avon are my next places to visit in England methinks (day trip wise at least).