Monday, April 16, 2007

Step Into My Office Baby

Well, the job hunt has commenced and continues.

I have decided that I want to be a legal seretary. It's what every girl dreams of growing up. In order to be a legal secretary, I have registered with an agency. They in turn have to be able to show that I can spell and type, so on Thursday I sat through 5 hours of computer testing, spelling tests and proof reading tests. Not that I minded, as there's no other way they could tell that I was capable of spelling basic words. EXCEPT perhaps by noticing that I have TWO DEGREES and and A for English Literature in TEE (yes, they asked).

Had a very busy weekend. Drank a lot on Friday (enough to go to a cheesy 80's club where I had quite a lot of fun) and woke up hangover free on Saturday. Wayne muttered something about me being too young to understand and left to go to the Borough Markets tp find brownies. I went to Portabello Road with Katie to look at loud American Tourists and eat yummy cupcakes whie dodging traffic. Also went to the travel book shop from Notting Hill which was really cute. And unbelievably small. I don't know where they put the camera.

THEN went out to Clapham and sat on the ginormous common that they have out there. Temperature was over 20 degrees, so obviously there were a lot of half naked English people showing off their white skin. I wasn't, but it was a gorgeous day.

Saturday night we went to Peter's birthday party at a cool pub in Angel. Very cool music. Evening ended standing in the street whil Me, Raj, Ben and Felur ate kebabs and Wayne very nicely held onto the chips so we had free hands to make use of our 'wrapped' kebabs.

Had a BBQ had Wayne and Ben's house yesterday. They have access to their roof (very cool, awesome view) and I managed to burn the sausages. I don't know I could possibly have been left in charge, even for a moment.

Then last night we went for a walk along Waterloo Bridge at sunset and for a stroll down the South Bank. The weather here is great at the moment. So everything seems really happy and people are in good spririts.

Today, the job and house hunt continues...

3 comments:

janomac said...

who the hell leaves a vego in charge of snaggers!?!?! Those lads have a lot to learn!

Viv said...

All I have to say is, Prince William is now single. And you're in England.

SarahLayman said...

You burnt the sausages. And you have give dad crap about his efforts. I'm so dobbing on you. Got your postcard today! Thanks, it's awesome!!
Lots and lots of Love