Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Abbey Road




After living within 10 minutes walk of Abbey Road for the last 3 weeks, I finally made it there a few days ago. It was a bit strange. Once I was there, I was kind've unsure what to do. There were cars on the road so walking on the cross walk was out of the question. The studios were emptying because it was 1pm and it appears that musicians also like to eat lunch on schedule.

It was cool, but underwhelming. I think I took pictures of the wrong crosswalk. I think the best bit of the entire thing was the wall that people put their Beatles comments on. Apparently it gets painted over every week. I couldn't write a comment because all I had was a ball point pen and that was never going to work.

I wandered around for a little bit and tried to pick the angle of the photo by comparing the landscape to the album cover on my iPod. A lot of things have changed since the Beatles were there. Then I walked home. I think that sometimes it's better to just imagine things in your mind. It just seemed so suburban and middle class. Weird.

Also, I can't rotate photos because I am hopeless. There are better photos on flickr.

2 comments:

Steffy said...

Reading your blog posts makes me realise what a sad underachiever I really am :)

Meanwhile.... you pull off a crazy Russian hat better than anyone...

xx

sarahscustard said...

Hey. Glad you're enjoying London... reading your blog has, for the first time, actually made me interested in visiting the place.... so watch out! Moscow has been cool so far - have been here a bit over two weeks now - so am fairly settled in. To sum up.... Classes: decent. Flat: okay (a real estate agent could only classify wall paper like ours as 'character'). Flatmate: good. Let me know when you're planning on heading Eastern Europe way!